Before Listing Your Home
1. Clean, Clean, Clean. Be sure to have every nook and cranny cleaned. In fact hire a professional they will clean areas and find dirt that most of us do not notice. No matter how clean your home is normally as this is important.
2. Pay attention to smells. There should be no smoking in the house or near the exits. Should you have pets in the home, refresh daily with air freshener. Guests visiting your home will smell these items and could turn them off.
3. Clear out the clutter in the closets, bookcases, tables, counters or walkways. No items lying on the couch or on dining room chairs. Your goal is to make the home look neat and attractive.
4. Help your homes curb appeal- Trimming bushes, mowing the lawn, pulling weeds and edging around the driveway and sidewalk should be done and maintained.
5. Freshen up the house by painting some rooms, in neutral colors, update curtains and bedding and even mats and rugs in bathrooms and kitchen.
6. Remove bulky furniture like couches and any extra items lying around that don’t need to be sitting out in view. The home needs to look spacious and inviting.
7. Fix or repair any and all broken lighting or fixtures throughout the home as this give the impression that the house is well maintained.